From April 23rd to 27th, Shiftelligence was on display at the world-famous Hannover-Messe. In hall 2 at booth C21 you could watch our prototype in action and speak to us in person.
If you missed this date, you can still visit us on Europe’s biggest bicycle trade-show Eurobike in Friedrichshafen where we will present our prototype on August 31st and September 1st (Friday and Saturday).
In November, you will find us on the trade show “Hobby & Elektronik“ in Stuttgart.
Features of our current prototype:
- automatic control of Shimano’s electronic gear shifter Dura-Ace Di2 (We’re currently evaluating the newer versions of the Di2, these will probably work as well.)
- The cyclist always pedals with his desired cadence.
- The cyclist can be shifted exactly to his desired power (only on stationary bicycle trainers).
- The very compact system works with a minimum of cables and can be mounted to the handle bar. (Dimensions: 9×5.5x4cm)
- The current gear is displayed.
- very fast shifting
- Gears with a high degree of wear are avoided
- Pedal direction and cyclist’s position are measured: In case the cyclist isn’t pedaling forward or pedaling out-of-saddle no shifting will occur.
- Manual shifting is possible at all times.
- The cyclist is warned if he manually shifts to a gear with a high degree of wear. In the same instant, the system offers to correct the cyclist’s choice by suggesting an appropriate alternative gear and shifting to it at the push of a button.